Sunday 7 February 2010

Videos

Saturday nights are becoming known for their lack of entertainment in my books.
The plans I'd made fell through, or even, didn't really happen which resulted in me sorting through clothes I don't wear and making some tough choices. Four charity bags later and my room still looks like a bomb site.
I'm still getting these odd moments where I shake a lot which I think is cause from the anxiety attack. Kind of bored of it now, I haven't had one in four years that was this bad. Apparently it's hereditory though, so I asked my Nan and she told me my uncle gets them too. Phew.
Anyway, around midnight last night bordem struck. I couldn't face doing anymore essay stuff/painting but the thought of staying put in my house was enough for me to head to Dai's house to hang out for a few hours.

We were meant to watch a film, but conversation topics threw us off. First he explained to me this huge deal with twitter. Still to complex for my narrow mind. Then we watched a whole bunch of music videos.

I really have never sat down and thought about music videos. I don't really relate music to something you watch on tv or via youtube. I just think of live preformance and sound. So ofcourse, we headed out on a huge Spike Jonze video spree and turns out, I'm not as video clueless as I first thought.

Here's a few we saw:



The Pharcyde - this video was shot completely back to front. So what you think looks pretty average at first, when you realize the lyrics/movement were all learnt in reverse and switched during editing it's pretty freakin' impressive.



Fat Boy Slim (Praise You) - Spike Jonze is the dude in the stripped polo. He created a dance group outside of the cinema and created the choreography for this video. Note: this is the ACTUAL video for the song. Absolutely hilarious and brilliant. Good song too.



Fat Boy Slim (Around the World) It's true. This has to be one of the most famous videos of all time.



This is a short film by Spike Jonze. Pretty sure most people would of seen this. The skateboards were spray painted green in order for them to become invisible. The shadows were mainly edited out, but in the occassional place you can spot one or two.



this video is hilarious. A parody of Ke$sha - tic tok. If you're unfamiliar with the song go check it first.

That's pretty much it. I can't remember the name of this amazing game site he showed me so maybe I'll post that later.

Geek out.

No comments:

Post a Comment