Wednesday 3 February 2010

the art of acting weak

So, after reading a blog that I recently found, I decided to make some vegan brownies!
(hoping to make some for Emmas 22nd birthday)
I haven't made sweet food in a long time, mainly due to me not eating it much despite my love of making it because of all the cute decorations you can add!
This was a bit make-shift, I couldn't remember the ingrediant list exactly so just got what I thought would be appropriate!

125g Self Raising Flour (tesco's organic is the best)
200g light brown sugar (caster sugar is appropriate too, but this makes them rich and stickier)
65g dark cocoa (Green & Blacks is vegan in some stores but check for sneaky milk powder)
2tbsp Soya butter {heaped tbsp & melted} (Pure, Vitalite, M&S all suitable)
2tbsp water
1tbsp vegetable oil
pinch of salt (unless soya butter is very salted)
Crushed walnuts (optional)
{my adaptations}
Rind of an entire orange
Juice of an orange
grated ginger, thumb nail piece.
for the top-
I bought some Organic, fair trade Orange chocolate which is available in most health stores and also some vegan White chocolate.


I like the pattern on the spoon.


ok, step one, mix all dried ingredients together, followed by the melted soya butter, water and oil. mix together until sticky but spreadable! DO NOT MAKE IT RUNNY.


Place in either a greased tray or a grease papered tray. Pre-heat oven at 175 degrees C (no idea what gas mark that is) and cook for 25 minutes.

Whilst that's cooking, begin to prepare the topping (when there is roughly 5minutes left)


really is good vegan white chocolate! I bought the same companies orange chocolate flavour!
Take out the brownies from the oven when the top is no longer glazed. This leaves the center slightly doughy for that squidgy brownie texture. Leave to cool for 10minutes before adding the chocolate.


mmm.


Cover with the melted chocolate first.



Then add the melted white chocolate. and make any pattern you like. I'll add a picture of them sliced tomorrow.

Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment