Wednesday 3 February 2010

Love of...what?

Ok, it's late and I've been completely lazy (in a sense) today.
After a late night of entertainment with Jay, Emma and some of Emma's work friends today was of much needed recovery.
Not even from the dismal amount of alcohol I drink these days (4 drinks AT MOST - incredibly rare) just from the lack of sleep. I have actually a pretty decent sleeping schedule for once!

Anyway, my favourite greek was hanging about and kindly interupted my essay writing (ofcourse I was over joyed at the distraction, although I'm sure I'll pay) to chat and catch up.
As time went on, we decided to make a dinner. After much deliberation we decided definitively on a curry. After scrambling together all the vegetables and ingrediants we needed we started our cullinary mission.

Ok, forget five-a-day and imagine more 25-a-day. We bought Aubergine, butternut squash, broccoli (x2), Zuccini (x2), mushrooms (1pack - closed cup), carrots (x4), peppers (x2 red and yellow), garlic (3 cloves), red onions (x4, small), chickpeas (1 tin), spinach (1 bag), curry paste, coconut milk (1 tin), black pepper, 3 hot chillis (inc seeds) and cook. Then some basmati rice. We also got naan bread (Tesco light choice is vegan) and pompadoms - Dan generously provided mango chutney. I think we could of fed 12 people comfortably!


pretty epic right?


Dan looks really scared of the food. He should be, it was seriously hot. Not unbearable but very heated. Tasted amazing and lucky that I do like it seens as there are another 7 portions worth in the freezer.

Following our huge eat out, we watched Downfall which was incredible! Such an amazing film and technically I can class this as studying! I would urge you to watch this film if you are at all interested in the inner workings of the Nazi's and what happened regaurding their demise. We enjoyed a few beverages (quite odd for me but seens as the Greek was in town) and had an invite to town. We headed to Flares. Of course you can guess what sort of club this is...


yes, that is what sort of club it was. Ofcourse it was so amusing, the majority of the poeple in there were miserable and in their mid 40's. Nothing wrong with that ofcourse, but would you really go to a bar like this to be...miserable? The lit dance floor was brilliant. Dancing and singing to Queen, Abba, Michael Jackson and some unknown artists.

The bar closed at 1am, and seens as we'd only been out for an hour or so we headed to Buffalo Bar. A completely different surrounding, much more relaxing and the type of bar you'd go to with a date for a quiet drink and a nice atmosphere. Good music from Jen Long. It also has plenty of good light fittings (and other antique furnishings)...I took a picture. It's pretty good for a phone image.


I clearly had a light fascination that night. I need to take my good camera out with me, or at least my fish eye so that I can capture some real gems! I've also decided to take a big break from alcohol. It's so boring and money consuming, and I enjoy nights out just as much sober with the right people!

Hopefully it'll spur me on to spend more time drawing. Which reminds me, I really need to keep my eye out for a cheap deal on a drawing board!

No comments:

Post a Comment