Tuesday 23 February 2010

mail me art

I managed to take back my owing books today which only cost me £3 an considering I'd had 2 for well over a month I thought it was going to a lot more than that.
Seens as my lecturer for writing won't be in for a week and I couldn't go out to take photos thanks to the looming snow, I decided to read the newest journals and recommended art books (library recommended). I found this book, 'Mail Me Art' which is a collection of work from small/commercial artists who have decorated an envelope or parcel in their own creative style. It was really interesting to look at as well as making me think about going to look more of the selected artists work. So basically, I thought I'd upload some samples:








Unfortunately the 'Mail Me Art' website that I found these images on didn't list what artist did what! Kind of annoying for both readers and the artist I would assume.

Check the website for more information. Or if you want to know who any of the above are then post a comment and I can find out from my library. This book is definately worth checking out if you're big into illustration type works. Or if you're an illustrator/painter/drawer/graphic artist yourself you could enter the competition. I think the Mail Me Art 2 book application is now closed so keep your eyes peeled for the next opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment