Thursday 18 February 2010

ready steady cook

Oh yes, more food blogging.
So after watching Coco before Chanel, I tidied my room so it's more "organized" for me to work in.
It probably doesn't look organized to anyone else. Then I went debated over what to have for dinner. Seens as I'm going to pilates I figured something substantial was needed.
Yesterday I bought veggies to make roasted vegetables with tortillas so i set the oven to heat and put them in 10minutes after. They tend to take around 40minutes.
In the mean time, I hadn't bought humous as part of my 'make everything from scratch' resolution which I've stuck too besides the odd night that I've eaten out.
Seens as I bought a huge bag of red and green peppers I thought I'd make red pepper humous.





So we have
1 tin of chickpeas (ok so I could of done dry ones but this was a spontaneous make)
1 Red pepper (de-seeded)
1 large clove of garlic
Tahini paste
balsamic vinegar
black pepper.

(you can add salt or lemon juice but I don't like adding salt to food and I ran clean out of lemons hence the balsamic)

so chop the red pepper into chunky cubes and grate the garlic into the bowl of chickpeas.


then add two tablespoons of tahini paste, plenty of black pepper, and a good slosh of balsamic vinegar. ANDDDD process!


put in a nice terracotta bowl...


TAH-DAH!

It's a matter of taste in terms of how much of the ingrediants to add. So keep dipping your finger to keep check. Recipes have never worked for me, just my own tastebuds.


Caramalized (slightly burnt cause my oven is retarded) Roasted veggies done shortly after cleaning all humous making equipment away!

Next step:

Heat wraps and put homemade humous over the first half. I like a lot of humous!


Load up with some spinach leaves (calcium and vitamin heaven) and the roasted veg. Add some sweet chilli sauce or whatever other condiments take your fancy and wrap up.

So good!

:D

Has to be one of my favourite dinners!
Try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment