Monday 22 February 2010

Scorpion(s)

Ok, so I got asked to put up some photos of the Scorpion, which by the way, has turned into two Scorpions over night.
Alex went and bought another on Clifton St today and this one IS female so he's calling her Cindy. The other I think, should be Lauper. haha.


This one is Lauper eating a cricket (I kept calling them cockroaches yesterday...whatever) pretty savage. Neat little cave though right?


This one is Cindy, she's a lot bigger than Lauper and is more of a green colour (which doesn't show cause of my shoddy phone camera flash). We fed her a cricket with a chopstick but she accidently grabbed the chopshick instead and MANNN is she strong!


Little cricket. Aww man, he's gunna be stung to death soon.


Anyway, whilst we were watching them, the scorpions found each other and started doing the mating ritual. This includes a dance where they put their pincers together and...well...dance. Then the male mounts the female until they feel comfortable and sent vibrating signals. Yeah, this was pretty weird, but awesome. I thought there was going to be some Scorpion war about to unleash when Lauper discovered he had to share his new pad. Although they do have their own caves so if they get annoyed they got their own space.

Other than that today has consisted of attending my new rotation in university which is artistic writing. Doesn't really sound like it should have much to do with Fine Art does it, and not suprisingly this and MAP aren't being run next year (or are but in amongst other subjects) anyway, our two week project is to create a booklet (8pg front and back) that follows Purgatory and Imagination section of the brief. We need to use Indesign so already I'm blowing raspberries at this brief. I had computer technology. Luckily I've got a concept or two already and hope to make the two books this week!

I've got an artist who's work I'm going to make a blog about later after Boxing class and cinema.

I came home and watched the Scorpions. Then headed to Clifton St to run some errands. I bought some Molasses so if anyone has any recipies that use this bring them over. I have a few in my vegan cook books but variety can't hurt. I also got Miso Soup instant sachets, big box of Tofu and a hazlenut nougat and dark chocolate bar for my walk home.

I've just been preparing soup (currently boiling away ready for liquidizing) and my dinner.

Morrocan chickpea and bean Tangine. It's from an organic tin found in the free from section in most supermarkets. No gluten, dairy, wheat or added salt/hydrogenated fat. So it really is good for you. Instead of rice I had two large mushrooms which I lightly fried in vegetable oil with crushed garlic and put on a bed of spinach leaves. Super nice, and so much lighter than having it with rice.


I added some chilli sauce for heat (I got a cold). I know it looks like baked beans but believe me, it's not.

1 comment: