Monday 15 February 2010

mutants

Hello Monday.
After a well deserved three days of catching up on sleep and doing not much at all I've forgotten to blog but, I have done another two drawings.
Ok, Friday I went to my friends first show in Clwb Ifor Bach. They're called 'Among Brothers' so you should go check them out.
I agreed to take photos so I went along with Emma who's boyfriend drums in the band with the big camera to capture some shots.
We got there just as the band started up so I quickly got the camera ready andddddd as in my true dopey style....forgot the SD card which I had taken out to put pictures of Alex onto the computer. AUSSUM! no not aussum, dumbsum!
Anyway, I did capture a phone shot so I'll upload that...






They did really well. The music seemed quite thereputic. The following two bands Hunters
and Vito were also really enjoyable! It was really nice to just see three bands, all from Cardiff and all completely different to the music in the scene, but in saying so, is much more interesting and timeworthy. I decided that I'm going to attend as many local shows as I can, take photos and build up a folder. Just for my benefit if anything, can't harm right?

Saturday - tiredness really struck. I had to work just a measly four hours. But it was devestating to have to leave my bed! I was meant to go out that evening for the beautiful Zoe's leaving Cardiff do - but I was so spent. So I just chilled out with Matt Roberts for a couple of hours playing Wii and landing up asleep in bed at 1am. Rock'n'roll.

Ahhh and yesterday, the wonderful Valentines day. The day where the loved up ones buy expensive crap from Hallmark as a gesture of love and goodwill to their partners (even though I'm sure 14th Feb should have no relevance on the love part...) and those that are single think their life is over because they don't recieve one of the consumerized aforementioned gestures. Really, get a grip. I'm one who's never been bothered either way. It's a day and like the rest, I feel greatful for the great friends and good times I surround myself with. The 14th of February bares no relevance on this whatsoever. I had to work an early shift which was pleasant and then headed to see Ponyo with Alex. We did a little Tesco shop first for snacks/dinner for me cause I hadn't eaten! The queue for the cinema was rediculous but we knew no-one would be heading for Ponyo!


Seriously, it was so cute. Studio Ghibli always pull through. I've never seen a Ghibli I didn't like...sure there are ones I like less but in general they're pretty heart warming. Ponyo was of no exception. It's more like Kiki's Delivery Service and My Neighbour Totoro; by that I mean it's more of a cutesy film rather than completely bizzare like Howls Moving Castle or Princess Mononoke. Still, I laughed and gasped and felt cheerful at the end!

Our snacks were pretty good too!
Dr Karg 3-seeded crackers:

Caramalized Onion Humous, Pretzels, Olives (with roasted veg and balsamic vinegar), Vegan chocolate animal crackers, Vegan white chocolate buttons, apple and banana and a bottle of water. That was my dinner as I hadn't eaten, but some good (loud) snacking!

Shortly after we arrived home, we hung with housemate Alex playing Alien Vs Preditor sample on the PC. Which has now triggered my need to play Oddworld: Abe's Exodus. I'm just missing a cable for my PS1. G & Emma came around and we headed to Alex's to play Boggle, good records and drink orange juice.

All in all I think my Valentines was super awesome.

I'll finish my one drawing later and post it up, I'm hoping to sell prints of it too so let me know if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment