Thursday 18 February 2010

Coco before Chanel

Wow, what an amazing film.
I knew I'd like it on the presumption that I don't dislike any films that star Audrey Tautou but I really didn't expect that.
I missed this in the cinema which was annoying. The only let down of Cineworld is their reluctance to show world wide cinema for longer than a week or maybe two if you're lucky.
I know it's the whole money making thing but they could keep 2 showings a week.
I was completely unaware of Gabrielle aka Coco's life before she made way into fashion, I'm not a big designer/fashion mogal myself so I may know the names of varying designers but not to say I know the ins and outs of their styles/lifes etc.

I'm generally facinated with most films based around 20's, 30's but it was so captivating watching the unfortunate life/mishaps of someone who's work's of art are still so utterly prominant in todays fashion catalogs/style setters. And to believe it all started with hats. Anyway, I really don't want to give to much away with this film seens as it's so beautiful to watch and all in French too which just empowers the beauty of it. (I actually listened out for all the words I know/recogize - I did ok), really watch this film. It doesn't mean to say you have to love fashion what so ever, but it's beautiful in everyway.


Audrey Tautou as Coco


Coco Chanel. Beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. I loved it! Its such a great film!

    So pretty too, love the outfits!

    It had me singing that little "hey coco, hey coco" (or whatever it is) song for ages after, just in strange noises as I dont speak french!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i know aesthetically it was amazing! And the story really shone through as well. World Wide cinema has it down mainstream is so predictable and has too much money thrown at it. I'm going to watch Amalie tonight now. A homage to Audrey Tautou.

    The outfits at the end, ALthough i always loved what she was wearing!

    ReplyDelete