Wednesday 12 May 2010

Whits fur ye’ll no gin by ye

apparently that is Scottish slang for 'What's meant for you will not pass you by'.

Finishing first year of university meant that I've barely been able to blog lately, especially about my current trip to Scotland. After the shock of finding out I was going a day earlier than expected I had minimal time to prepare, and it also meant I wasn't able to set up my exhibition. None the less, I was pretty stoked to be getting tattooed!


Arriving precisely on time at Edinburgh airport we headed out to West Linton to AGP's dads house! Even though I live in Wales, I've never seen so many mountains and sheep...so much green.


We pretty much just chilled out, at some amazing food as cooked by Gregor Pennie watched DVDs and ended up in bed at 11.30pm. Party animals.

Day #2 We headed to Glasgow with Marian and Gregor to visit Kelvingrove Museum and Art Gallery. This was the first section we went into...pretty rad if you ask my. Being greeted by a huge Indian Elephant and Giraffe!




Rad huh?


Fe Fi Fo Fum....I smell the blood of a Welshman.


Beetle collection




This was amazing! Looked like something from Harry Potter.


Grandeur.




I love this. There was a organ recital at 1pm!

We spent at least 2hrs in the museum/gallery, looking at some of my favourite artists works. Rembrandt was overwhelming! Ruysch and others. I have some images to upload but they're poor quality. I really wouldn't want to misrepresent the paintings.

We found this little vegan cafe called 'The 78'. If you're vegan/vegetarian or just don't mind eating meat/egg/dairy free food and you're in Glasgow, eat here!


Vegan sausages, Pesto mash and butterbean and butternut squash gravy. AMAZING.



Vegan Brownie with bourbon syrup and icecream!

Chocolate muffin with almond icing and icecream!

So unbelieveably good!


I have Roller Derby practice so I'm going to have to finish posting later!

1 comment:

  1. mmm the food looks so good! ...making me hungry though :(

    loving all of the taxidermy too. The stags are friggin' cooool!x

    ReplyDelete