Tuesday 6 April 2010

twoo-enty twooo

So I have successfully turned the tender age of 22. And even in my young and fruitful state I knew I didn't want to spend my birthday getting drunk in the dire clubs of Cardiff - they're for the occassional Saturday night visit. Anyway, I had no idea how I wanted to spend my birthday other than that, so AGP offered to cook a small collective of us a nice vegan roast so that we could hang out and gorge on guilt free delights.

Although we didn't realize, we planned to do it on Easter Sunday (day before my actual birthday) which was weird because it felt like we were almost celebrating easter, however none of us are religious so that was quickly forgotten. Pennie and Jordan took full control of cooking the main Roast, whilst us girls handled the vegan cupcake and brownie making side of things.

We headed to the countryside (almost) at about 4.30pm after decorating the cakes where the guys had successfully cooked every type of vegetable/vegan pie/sausage rolls/glamorgan sausages (you name it they cooked it) available. The house smelt delicious! We made cups of tea in personally suited mugs/cups and waited for the vegan bread sauce and honey coated parsnips to be finished off.

Literally, the food was piled so high. For the Veggies - Chicken style roast, glamorgan sausages, bread sauce, pea's carrots and french bean mix, cauliflour, roast sweet and normal potatoes, roasted parsips, stuffing and gravy. The vegan option was laden with the same veg accompanied with Linda Mcartney pies and sausage rolls. Literally I've never eaten so much in my entire life, luckily I hadn't eaten since 7pm the evening before so I eventually managed it all - as did everyone else.

Although I didn't get an actual plate shot, this is what our table looked like...

A beautiful house as you can tell.

It was exactly like christmas, lots of holding tummys and groaning about how full we fat piggys were.

Misty had fun with all the attention too.

When we had all given ourselves enough time to forget how full we were, we didn't give a second thought to tucking into these beauties.

Strawberry and Vanilla with Almond flavoured "butter" icing.

These were chocolate orange with 3 types of chocolate! mmm!

AND

Triple chocolate and sprinkles brownie! mmmmmmm!

We just hung out in the conservatory most of the night chilling and playing games which literally had us all in fits of giggles! Especially using the light as some sort of orb...


'Ooohhh light give us some gaming ideas.....' Clearly you can tell how weird the night got. Amongst the weird 6 of is it was bound to!


The fish. I probably blinded him :/

and finally, this is my favourite nesting set ever! So much so me and AGP are going to get one tattooed for Liz. And also for us.

Amazing right.

I'll take photos of my beautiful presents another day! I still cannot get over how delicious the cupcakes were, all my other vegan attempts have sucked hard!

Buy 'Vegan cupcakes take over the world'.

No comments:

Post a Comment