Friday 16 April 2010

outdoors, indoors.


In true Natalie style, I've managed to leave everything I'd planned to do til the last week in regaurds to painting. When you first get told you've got a month of for Spring break it seems like such a long time, in reality the weeks turn over so fast you barely know when the beginning of the week starts and the end finishes.

Luckily this week was sunny enough for me to go to Roath Park to find some moss covered logs and fallen branches. Ofcourse, many people on the footpath thought I was completely bizzare exploring the bramble covered patches rather than following the clear path around the woodland. It felt pretty weird when I thought about the recent stabbing that happened just along the road from the park only four or so days ago. Almost like I could stumble over evidence or ruin a trail, I did find a dirt ridden jacket - my imagination went wild thinking it could be covering the knife so I gave it a prod. Obviously nothing.

Anyway, I managed to find these little beauties:

They are pretty squishy from being eaten by maggots/slugs/worms you name it. There's even a few little slugs still residing inside.

There's one. I didn't even realize that I hadn't actually focused on the slug. Oh well bad image.


Sneaking onto my painting. Cheeky. I'm not a massive slug lover, but because of his minature size he looks cute? If slugs are even able to achieve cute status.


This is a continuation of my 4 3x3 inch paintings that I'm doing. Don't pay any attention to the colour of it as of yet as I had to form the structure out of semi-dried paint to get the right consistancy for Impasto painting. Risen roughly from the wood by 1cm although on drying has flattened slightly. Today I'm setting out to finish the two I started yesterday and start the final one. Leaving the weekend to paint moss onto the wood. This is such a bizzare project for me.


Remember painting PVA/Copydex onto your hand just to peel it off? Who knew I'd be doing the same thing with acrylic for my degree work? It's still as enjoyable I promise you.

1 comment:

  1. I love peeling glue!

    Cant wait to see the finished pieces, they look like they are gonna be so cool!

    And awww - cute slug!x

    ReplyDelete