Saturday 24 April 2010

curse of the oil snakes

Uni is rapidly coming to an end. Thankfully my work is going pretty well besides the lack of sketchbook stuff, which I WILL catch up on tomorrow/beginning of the week. So far I have 4 completely finished 3x3inch pieces and 3 on the go (also to be completed by Monday). I want to get at least 10 all together so it seems my time is actually panning out rather well.


Please excuse the shoddy lighting that really doesn't frame them in the best way but it'll give you a rough idea of what they're looking like at this point. I don't think anyone will have any idea how long they take to build up and form into different textures until they experiment with paint themselves. Believe me I'm still learning at 22 and painting for atleast 15years of that.


This is the flattest one I did, which looks really weird next to the others. But I kinda like it.

The other two I haven't managed to get decent closeups of because the paint was far to versitile/wet still. You'll just have to wait.

Yesterday was Sculptures exhibition day. Their project entailed various ways to collect/cook/eat a cooked breakfast. Group A had to collect their breakfast from way inside the studio rafters without touching the floor. This entailed trolleys, pillowcases, bread strapped to the bottom of their shoes and long hooks to pull the bag of ingrediants into the large pillowcase. Hilarious.

Group B had to get their breakfast through/over a wall without touching it. This involved a conveyorbelt and a series of slides that landed all the food into a paddling pool.

Group C had to use fire to cook the ingrediants with their own hand made utensils. I ended up smelling of smoke so bad.

Group D had to eat the breakfast whilst being 3ft away from it and without touching the floor...this is how this one ended up.


yes, exactly.

Well, I'm just waiting for Emma and G to get here with some beverages and my tea. Ofcourse I've sat being productive the entire time....Some pocketmoneypunkmade Goodtime Boys cards. With Stamp and Stencil.



The stencil really didn't work that well because of how small it was. But for a 30minute experiment it's not to bad. I'll refine it eventually.

More tomorrow after Roller Derby practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment