Thursday 4 March 2010

quick, March.

It's the 4th of March already and I haven't blogged yet! It's been an incredibly hectic week yet I feel like I've nothing to show for it.
Monday started off with a tutorial from Ken, the second of the writing/book-making tutors. Although his voice is rather monotone he has a lot of interesting stuff to say so I really force myself to interact and take notes so that my brain doesn't switch off or decide to go of into cuckoo land like it normally does. Irritating, most certainly.

The rest of the day was spent going to the doctors to check that the cuts in my throat (causing me to cough up blood) had started to heal. Judging by the fact the coughing has stopped and no bloody tastes in my mouth, I'd say it's been a success! Despite being in the waiting room for two hours I headed to Boxing followed by Yoga. Lovely 2 hour gym session really does make the whole day feel productive. And seemingly that was the end of Monday, maybe I watched a film? Oh yes, I went to see 'The Crazies' on my own!! Ofcourse I wasn't meant to but both Alex's were a complete let down and I didn't realise the film wasn't going to be as jumpy as it were.
I won't go into complete detail, but it started of ok, and by the end, the farcicle narrative completely made me lose all interest. A let down, to say the least. Oh also, my wonderful friend Kris & Lowri met their beautiful son Zach Maddox today! Having just seen facebook pictures he truely is a gorgeous baby! Congratulations guys!

Tuesday, I had my assessment with Mark and Luke to re-evaluate my work and look at how 'worthy' I was of going into Painting. It was a pretty tough session, and what would normally only take 15minutes lasted well over 40. I'm not to good at being in those sort of situations, especially when it's assessing my futher 2 years in a segment of Fine Art that I find so natural to me. I tend to panic, imagine the worst and get stressed out! And that's exactly what happened. Luckily, their advice really helped me form a strategic decision about how to deal with these situations in the future because ofcourse they will only become more gruelling. They assured me they'd ring me back in a couple of hours to set my mind at ease - or more panic.
3pm arrived and I was told I'd been put into Painting. I literally collapsed with relief!
The rest of the day is a complete blur.

Wednesday I met Lucy in town to get her printing done for our book project, buy some decent paper with a thicker gsm and slightly creamier colour (really we're that particular about it), eat some Wok to Walk (which is not near as good as Noodle box, far far sweetier, lacking in good ingredients and much more expensive). We also visited Oxfam Boutique. I found the most incredible Valentino (oh shit, a designer reference) vintage dress at the small cost of 75bucks. Blimey it was incredible though. Chocolate brown floor length dress with lace neckline maybe partitioning onto the chest a little, lace arm bands around the forearm and lace trim. BEAUTIFUL. Ofcourse, I have no place to where such a thing and my bank balance doesnt allow for the 'just because' purchases I'd like to make on times. Someone get married soon so I can wear something that spectacular.
Ofcourse, Lady Gaga was in town this day too! And I don't have tickets, tragically! ebay is offering 1 ticket for £130/150 and £240 for 2! It's sad, I cannot express how much I'd love to see her. I've even dreampt of seeing her swanning around Cardiff centre where I'd approach her in the vein hope she'd take pity and offer me VIP or something! Yes, dreaming can often seem like reality sometimes. However, I forgot it was my brothers 18th and my mom had booked us and a few other relevant family members a table at a rather suave indian. I am a bad sister!

And then today, doing some book art this morning (which I'll put into a blog tomorrow) and then had Alex and Tal around to set up drums in our basement for the show I'm having Saturday night. It's going to be a total blast, although a little nervous about the level of noise it's going to create. But I guess, there isn't a great deal we can do about that. Just have to hope and pray that everything goes well. Alex and I went to Gormet Burger Kitchen for food and a catch up and then chilled out with Tal, Sam and Laurence before I headed off to Pilates with Emma.

Boring blog I know. And I have no photo's to show. I need to get my butt into gear!

1 comment:

  1. oooooooohhhh! I dont have facebook so didnt know Lowri had already popped!

    oh my goodness, please steal pics off there and show me! What a cute name :) x

    ReplyDelete